Fire Damage - "Like it never even happened."
Were you aware that a fire in one room can damage belongings and surfaces through your entire home? Regardless of the size, a fire can also cause odors that may last for year.
The professionals at SERVPRO of Jefferson City understand how events like fire can affect your life. Concerns may range from the expense replacing personal belongings to the emotions associated with losing an actual keepsake. Typically restoring an item will save you money versus replacing the item, relieving your concern of losing priceless treasures. SERVPRO consists of a 24-hour emergency response team, trained in caring for both the home and the homeowner. Trained, uniformed technicians are on-site of a fire damage within four hours to begin emergency mitigation services. By responding quickly with a full line of fire cleanup and restoration services, your local SERVPRO of Jefferson City professionals can help you regain control quickly and help protect your home and personal belongings.
So, before you risk doing further damage by attempting to clean up the damage yourself, call the fire damage cleanup and restoration professionals at 573-635-5883. We can help make fire damage "Like it never even happened."
Are You Prepared For The Next Disaster
From a burst pipe in an office building to faulty wiring in an apartment complex – fire and water losses are never planned, but they do occur. SERVPRO professionals know that there is no such thing as a small emergency when it threatens the welfare of the tenants and the revenue of the property’s owner.
SERVPRO of Jefferson City has a 1-4-8- SERVICE Response Guideline. With one hour from notice of loss, someone from our office will contact you to arrange for service. Within four hours of loss notification, a team member will be on-site to start mitigation services. Within eight business hours of on-site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to the appropriate person.
- Our quick response can help you avoid revenue loss for property owners and inconvenience to tenants.
- Restoration service can help you resume normal business functions quickly while avoiding costly construction downtime.
- Professional equipment and industry-approved techniques can save you time and money.
Contact SERVPRO of Jefferson City professionals at 573-635-5883. We'll make it "Like it never even happened."
Why Your Business Needs SERVPRO of Jefferson City
On routine route visits as sales and marketing representative for SERVPRO of Jefferson City I visit new commercial businesses, introduce myself, and share our brand and services. Most of the time folks are familiar with us and our services, but on rare occasion, I might hear this from a potential customer, “I’m not sure we need your services today, or anytime soon.” At that moment, I will clarify that SERVPRO’s services may not be needed today, but that we want to be there for them in the event of a future emergency. For example, if they have a water line leak, there is great importance that a restoration team responds to the water damage; or, perhaps their business has suffered a fire and our services are needed for removal of smoke and soot.
Time is of the essence when a business encounters fire or water damage and we want to help get businesses back up and running as soon as possible. Let SERVPRO of Jefferson City bring our team in to assist you. We are available 24/7/365 at 573-635-5883.
Commercial Building Maintenance
Hey business owners. Are you doing all you can to prevent water leaks in your building?
As a business owner you are probably already aware that an ongoing and proactive building maintenance program is essential to the financial and economic well-being of your commercial real estate. And, more than likely, you have those steps in place.
Both exterior and interior building maintenance is crucial and can resolve issues before they become problems. For preventative care we are suggesting you regularly check the following items for leaks:
- Check roofing for deterioration.
- Check gutters and down spouts for blockage.
- Check basements and crawl spaces for moisture.
- Check appliances in break rooms and cafeterias.
- Check sinks and toilets in restrooms.
- Check HVAC for leaks and blockage
So rely on the SERVPRO of Jefferson City team to help you with your unexpected disaster. We are the professionals that understand water damage. 573-635-5883.
Be Flood Smart
Springtime brings warm weather, beautiful shrubs, flowers, and unfortunately, heavy rains and the increase for flooding.
Did you know that floods can cause more damage in the U.S. every year than any other weather-related disaster. And that's something we in central Missouri are all too familiar with. Spring rains can bring several inches of precipitation in just hours which can lead to severe flooding by oversaturating the ground, overfilling storm drains, or causing rivers to spill over their bank or levees.
We would like to offer a few flood safety tips for our SERVPRO of Jefferson City friends:
- Be sure to step away away from floodwaters. Anything above your ankles is dangerous.
- If while driving you come upon a flooded road, turn around. Most cars can be swept away by less than two feet of moving water.
- Children, by nature, are curious. Keep them away from running water
Call the professionals if your home is the victim of a flood. Floodwater can cause major damage, even if it is just a small amount of water.
SERVPRO of Jefferson City 573-635-5883
What’s in Your Ducts?
Dust, dirt, bacteria, rodents, insects or pests, debris, pollen, mold? Any one of these contaminants or foreign objects can enter and collect in your air ducts. All of these can diminish the quality of the indoor air in your home or office, or cause damage to your HVAC system.
Our SERVPRO of Jefferson City team has a duct cleaning system that is proven and cost-efficient. We use a portable ventilation and air duct cleaning system to examine ductwork and make a clean sweep, removing years of dust and grime.
- We begin by using a roto-scraper that conforms to the duct’s shape and diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- A push-pull air delivery and collection system then transfer the debris from the ductwork to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of the particles in the airstream. We use HEPA filters to capture debris and keep the indoor environment clean.
- Additionally, your filter will be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt.
Call your SERVPRO of Jefferson City to schedule a duct cleaning appointment at 573-635-5883. Let us remove years of whatever is lurking you your ducts.
Prepare Your Commercial Building for Winter Weather
Are you a business owner? Are you prepared for winter? If so, SERVPRO of Jefferson City would like to offer you some winter maintenance tips for your commercial buildings. Good tips can be valuable in saving you money in the long run.
- Winterize your cooling systems
Drain and winterize the cooling tower if not in use. Also, shut down your chiller or empty the condensate drain tap. If these matters are not taken care of the result could be extreme damage to your equipment.
- Calibrate thermostats
Calibrate your building’s thermostats and lower them to a cooler temperature that is still comfortable for the building occupants. An easy way to save money and energy.
- Inspect your roof
Temperature changes and precipitation can cause problems to building roofs. Be on the lookout for loose shingles or areas where water could collect, resulting in costly leaks.
- Check irrigation systems
Drain your hoses and faucets to prevent broken water lines.
- Repair sidewalks
Seal cracks in sidewalks and paved areas.
- Plan for snow and ice removal
Be prepared for removal. If you don’t have the proper equipment, hire a professional who does. This will benefit in keeping your employees and visitors safe along with prevention of damage to your building.
If winter weather does cause a broken frozen pipe or a leaking roof, be sure to give the professionals at SERVPRO of Jefferson City a call for emergency water cleanup. We’ll be there… for we are faster to any size disaster. SERVPRO of Jefferson City 573-635-5883
How to De-Ice Your Drive
Winter weather is upon us, and here in Central Missouri we have managed to dodge the "big" snow bullet. However, we still want to be prepared to do the dreaded "shovel snow" chore when a good amount of precipitation falls.
SERVPRO of Jefferson City has researched a few de-ice tips to offer you:
1. Rock Salt - The most common way to de-ice your driveway is to use rock salt. It's inexpensive and available most anywhere. Be aware that rock salt does contain some substances that make it dangerous for your pets and plants; cyanide and chloride.
2. Heat Mats - They are very expensive but if it's in your budget, especially when building a new house or replacing your driveway, consider them.
3. Green Products - There are environmentally friendly products on the market.
4. Sand - You're going to need traction for getting your vehicle out of the driveway so sand or gravel will be a good choice.
5. Shovel Often - When the storm hits be prepared to start scooping. Shovel shortly after it starts and be prepared to do intermittent shoveling to keep it from building up.
Cold Weather Travel Advice
No one likes the idea of driving in dangerous road conditions. And snow driving is not fun driving. SERVPRO of Jefferson City would like to offer you some stormy weather tips:
- Stay off the roads if at all possible
- If you have to drive make sure you have an emergency road kit for your car
- Pay attention to the latest weather reports and road closures
- Before you travel, notify friends or relatives of your route, destination and estimated time arrival
Freezing rain is even more dangerous than snowy conditions as ice can freeze on pavement and cannot usually be plowed:
- Freezing rain coats everything and leads to falling tree branches and power outages
- Don't drive if there is, or recently was freezing rain
We hope these tips can help you out when you think about hitting the road on cold weather days. Be Safe!
Space Heater Safety
Who doesn't like a space heater to keep their feet warm at your desk on a chilly day. Or to plug one in to warm up a room. A supplemental heat source should be operated with a measure of caution. According to the National Fire Protection Association, space heaters, whether portable or stationary, account for two of every five (40%) of home heating fires and four out of five (84%) of home heating fire deaths. If you're using a space heater, help reduce the risk of fire with these tips:
Radiant space heaters warm whatever is directly in front of them, while convection heaters can help make an entire room feel more comfortable. To use them safely, consider the following tips:
- Purchase units with an Underwriters Laboratories (UL) label.
- Keep heaters at least three feet from anything that can burn, such as upholstery, curtains, pets or people. Approximately half of fires in residential buildings involving a portable heater occur because the unit is too close to a combustible material.
- Keep the unit on a level surface and plug it directly into a wall outlet.
- Never use a space heater to dry clothing.
- Select a unit that automatically switches off if the unit tips over.
- Do not leave a space heater unattended, especially when children or pets are in the room. Do not leave an electric heater on overnight or when you're sleeping.
Your friends at SERVPRO of Jefferson City hope these winter weather safety tips are useful to you. Safety first.