Your Belongings and Fire Damage
Any size fire can cause and leave odors in your home. Fires, smoke and soot damage can create unpleasant and potentially permanent problems. Unless, professional action is taken, residues and deposits can cause permanent damage to contents and may result in resurfacing odors.
To ensure that your personal possessions are cleaned of the soot, smoke and residue, our certified SERVPRO of Jefferson City crew, certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC) will come to the rescue and rid your home and items of offensive odors. You can expect the following services from your SERVPRO professionals.
- Create an inventory list
- Take pictures of each and every item in your home
- Carefully package your items with paper and/or bubble wrap
- Deliver your items to our SERVPRO of Jefferson City cleaning room
- Inspect and cleaned items
- Ozone items, if necessary - odor removal
- Repackaged and returned to the property owners
Whether it's fire, water, or just mold damage or just a stubbon odor that refueses to go away, we'll help make it "Like it never even happened." Call your SERVPRO of Jefferson City team today at 573-635-5883.
If You Have Questions or Need Help, Call Us Today – (573) 635-5883
SERVPRO of Jefferson City specializes in restoring contents damaged by water, fire, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your belongings to determine what items we can restore to pre-fire condition. We use several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning due to fire damage, SERVPRO of Jefferson City can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. Move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Fire-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by fire. Smoke residues can contain acids that corrode metal surfaces. If the residues are not removed, corrosion causes electronic failure in the device. We will coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And more
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
Document / Photograph Drying
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water or fire, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the fire damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-fire damage condition, SERVPRO of Jefferson City can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage.
Depending on the type of documents and the level of fire, smoke, or soot damage, they have five options for the restoration of documents:
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When a fire emergency strikes, the damage can often feel overwhelming. We can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process by offering our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), which provides a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. We take a room-by-room inventory of your contents, including digital photos, and in some instances, bar coding.
Our Contents Claim Inventory Service:
- Preloss list and value of contents
- Detailed and accurate report
- Better information to settle claims quicker
- Assistance with burden of proof for claims