Be Prepared for Winter with these helpful tips!
Prepare your home
Tips for preparing your home for winter weather:
- Keep cabinet doors open during cold spells. This allows warm air to circulate around pipes.
- Keep a slow trickle of water flowing through faucets, especially if the pipes for faucets run through unheated or uninsulated areas of your home.
- Consider shutting off outdoor faucets. Locate the shut-off valve in the basement or crawl space and turn it to “off”.
- If you follow the previous step, then open the outdoor faucet to help ensure it drains completely and the inner valve is shut off.
- Ensure gutters are clean and secure. Leaves and debris build up, causing a damming effect on gutters, which could lead to roof problems and water damage.
Prepare Your Business
Tips for preparing your business for winter weather:
- Check your business property for downed tree limbs and branches. Weather, such as wind, heavy rain, ice and snow, can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries.
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats or non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Ask SERVPRO of Jefferson City professional about starting an Emergency Ready Profile(EMR) for your business.
If any damage from any storms so happen to occur, contact your local SERVPRO of Jefferson City today at 573.635.5883 and we will make it "Like it never even happened."