Summer Commercial Building Maintenance
It's important to maintain your commercial business. Going from the cooler months of spring to the heat of the summer can cause faulty mechanical issues in commercial buildings. This can affect the efficiency of businesses and often times end up costing you more money than expected to fix.
Keep your commercial business in top condition during summer months with these tips:
1. Have your HVAC inspected by a professional. This will ensure the system will be at its top performance level when you need it most.
2. Conduct a sprinkler system test. Look for any hidden water problems. Run sprinkler and irrigation systems early in the season to make sure none of the sprinkler heads are broken.
3. Check for roof storm damage. Damage can lead to leaks that affect your insulation, building structure and allow for critters to enter into your property. Check for missing or damaged shingles.
4. Inspect the outdoor lighting. Make sure your property's outdoor lights are working. Check light's wiring screws, and bases to make sure it is watertight sealed and in good repair.
5. Conduct routine maintenance of safety equipment. In hotter months there is an increased chance of fire. Check your indoor sprinkler systems, fire extinguishers, fire safety kits and update your business fire evacuation plan.
SERVPRO of Jefferson City is available for any of your fire or water disasters and we are available 24/7 at 573-635-5883.