Winter Driving Tips
Hey, SERVPRO of Jefferson City customers. Are you prepared to hit the road during these cold snowy days? Have you winterized your car? It's not too late to be prepared for the worst that cold winter Missouri days can offer you. So with that being said, we are happy to provide you with some cold weather tips:
So, before hitting the road, winterize your car with antifreeze, make certain you have a full tank of gas, and check out road conditions on MoDOT's Traveler Information Map or call 888-ASK-MODOT.
Carry the following in your car:
- Working flashlight & extra batteries
- First-aid kit and necessary medications
- Gloves, socks, warm cap, waterproof jacket
- Booster Cables
- A small shovel
- A small sack of sand to use for traction under your wheels
- A brightly colored cloth to use as a flag
- Non perishable foods
- Bottled water
We hope these tips help you to stay safe this winter.