Why SERVPRO - What You Need To Know About Mold
Mold spores are everywhere in your environment and can enter homes easily. Most types of mold grow quickly if they have a water source, an organic food source and temperatures between 60 and 86 degrees Fahrenheit.
Studies have found excessive dampness indoors is a public health problem by encouraging growth of molds, dust mites and other organisms.
Ways to Control Moisture and Reduce Mold
- Correct any water leaks or standing water.
- Remove standing water under cooling coils or air handling units.
- Replace washing machine hoses with steel mesh lines.
- Move large objects away from the walls to provide good air circulation.
- Use exhaust fans in bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms.
Give the professionals at SERVPRO of Jefferson City a call with questions about mold at 573-635-5883 or check out our website at https://www.SERVPROjeffersoncity.com/