Why SERVPRO - Keep Your Home Healthy
Most of us are concerned about our general health. We make yearly well-checks with our primary care physician to keep our blood pressure under control, maintain our weight (or at least try), as well as schedule twelve or six month visits to the dentist and eye doctor for examinations. These good health routines may prevent poor health later in life.
If we were to treat our homes with the same preventative care maintenance we provide for ourselves imagine the home repair problems and money that could be saved.
SERVPRO of Jefferson City wants to help you start your "Healthy Home" checklist today:
- Avoid smoking in your home
- Have adequate ventilation and exhaust fans in you kitchen, bathroom and laundry room.
- Change your air filters once a month
- If you use gas, check your fireplace and/or gas stove yearly for emissions
- Check for water leaks or standing water
- Remove standing water under cooling coils or air handling units.
- Replace washing machine hoses with steel mesh lines.
- Move large objects away from the walls to provide good air circulation.
There may be more items to add to your checklist. Go through each room of your home and see what additional tasks you can add to keep your home "healthy."
SERVPRO of Jefferson City, we hope your home maintenance routines keep your home healthy, but if a disaster happens, give us a call at 573-635-5883.