Transitioning Your Home from Winter to Spring
The days are getting longer, the storms of winter are ever slowly creeping past us. Spring will soon be in the air. Wildflowers will appear, windows will be opened to let in fresh air, snow will melt, and streams will swell with water. It sounds poetically beautiful. However, “swell with water” does not ring quite so beautifully to a homeowner whose home has fared poorly from harsh winter days to spring. Now is the time to see how your home has fared through the ice and snow and determine if any repairs need to be done. Here’s your checklist.
- Check your gutters for any remaining ice.
- Check any and all exterior vents
- Check your home’s foundation for any cracks or areas of pooling water.
- Inspect your roof for missing shingles, and check roof vents for damage to the spouts or base.
- Check visual pipes both exterior and interior for any breaks. Also check around it for any water or water damage.
Winter weather, or spring weather, beautiful days or stormy days, we’re here to help with any damage. Call SERVPRO of Jefferson City at 573-635-5883.