Are you using a wood burning stove?
With the temperatures so low and the cost of heating so high. Many homeowners have opted to use wood burning stoves to heat their homes. This method is efficient and perfectly safe. As long as you follow a few safety tips:
- Most importantly make sure you have smoke and Carbon monoxide detectors installed throughout your home
- Make sure your stove is properly installed and has been inspected by a professional.
- Keep all contents the proper distance away from the stove. Per your cities fire safe guidelines. It is usually at least 3ft.
- Use seasoned wood only and light small bright fires. No paper or trash!
- Clean your chimney yearly and have it inspected.
Our team of Professionals here at SERVPRO of Jefferson City want you to have a safe warm disaster free winter! Remember, IF disaster strikes give us a call. We are always on standby to rush in and make it “Like it never even happened!”